Blog number two.... it might explain my current lack of enthusiasm for blog number 1
www.travismakes3.blogspot.com

Friday, May 9, 2008

Infusing Oil

I don't know why I wanted to do this, but I'm sure it was so I could blog about it! ha! It was really easy and very versatile! You can use whatever ingredients you want. I chose garlic, lemon and rosemary - I intend on using it with seafood.

Start with a very pretty bottle - be certain to make sure all the genies are out of it. I would hate to drown them with olive oil!!


Set out all your ingredients. I used a higher priced oil that I normally wouldn't buy, just so it would have a better taste. Because, let's face it, a great tasting olive oil is sheer bliss.


Cut 3 - 4 thin slices off the lemon, fold them and push them into the bottle. Bruise the rosemary before putting it into the bottle. De-paper and smash 3 - 4 garlic cloves and put them into the bottle. Shake it all around and get the inside of the bottle nice and wet.

Pour the oil into the bottle, make sure you leave enough room for the cork!


Set it in a dimly lit place and wait at least two weeks before you use it.

3 comments:

That Girl said...

I made these (without the lemon) as party gifts for my mom's 50th birthday. They're so easy and make great favors.

deLa said...

i immediately thought of "gifting" them. maybe even drip hot wax over the cork to seal it so it would travel well.

Jaime said...

Yum! Now I want to infuse my own oil. But I have to find a pretty bottle first. And I really like the idea of gifting it!